You Will Learn Python!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world's most sensible process for studying Python. stick with it and you'll succeed-just just like the thousands of newcomers Zed has taught so far! You carry the self-discipline, dedication, and patience; the writer provides every little thing else.
In Learn Python the demanding manner, 3rd Edition, you are going to research Python via operating via fifty two brilliantly crafted workouts. learn them. sort their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) repair your error. Watch the courses run. As you do, you will find out how software program works; what reliable courses seem like; tips to learn, write, and look at code; and the way to discover and attach your errors utilizing methods expert programmers use. most significantly, you will examine the subsequent, that you have to begin writing first-class Python software program of your own:
Installing a whole Python environment
Organizing and writing code
Strings and text
Interacting with users
Working with files
Looping and logic
Data buildings utilizing lists and dictionaries
Inheritance and composition
Modules, sessions, and objects
Basic video game development
Basic internet development
It'll be not easy in the beginning. yet quickly, you will simply get it-and that may consider nice!
This educational will gift you for each minute you place into it. quickly, you are going to comprehend one of many world's strongest, well known programming languages. you can be a Python programmer.
Watch Zed, too! The accompanying DVD includes five+ hours of passionate, strong educating: an entire Python video course!
By Ivan Idris
Over ninety attention-grabbing recipes to benefit and practice mathematical, clinical, and engineering Python computations with NumPy
About This Book
- Perform high-performance calculations with fresh and effective NumPy code
- Simplify huge facts units via analysing them with statistical functions
- A solution-based consultant filled with attractive recipes to execute complicated linear algebra and mathematical computations
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a Python developer with a few event of engaged on medical, mathematical, and statistical purposes and need to achieve knowledgeable realizing of NumPy programming on the subject of technological know-how, math, and finance utilizing sensible recipes, then this publication is for you.
What you are going to Learn
- Learn complicated indexing and linear algebra
- Deal with lacking inventory fee info utilizing masked arrays
- Explore every thing you must find out about snapshot processing
- Dive into broadcasting and histograms
- Profile NumPy code and visualize the results
- Speed up your code with Cython
- Use common capabilities and interoperability features
- Analyze your functionality utilizing caliber Assurance
- Learn approximately exploratory and predictive info research with NumPy
NumPy has the facility to provide you pace and excessive productiveness. excessive functionality calculations could be performed simply with fresh and effective code, and it lets you execute complicated algebraic and mathematical computations in no time.
This booklet provides you with an exceptional origin in NumPy arrays and common services. beginning with the deploy and configuration of IPython, you are going to know about complex indexing and array suggestions besides widely used but potent features. you'll then hide functional options reminiscent of snapshot processing, particular arrays, and common features. additionally, you will find out about plotting with Matplotlib and the similar SciPy venture with the aid of examples. on the finish of the booklet, you'll learn the best way to discover atmospheric strain and its comparable suggestions. by the point you end this ebook, it is easy to write fresh and quickly code with NumPy.
By Cyrille Rossant
Get begun with Python for facts research and numerical computing within the Jupyter notebook
About This Book
- Learn the fundamentals of Python within the Jupyter Notebook
- Analyze and visualize info with pandas, NumPy, matplotlib, and seaborn
- Perform highly-efficient numerical computations with Numba, Cython, and ipyparallel
Who This ebook Is For
This ebook objectives scholars, lecturers, researchers, engineers, analysts, newshounds, hobbyists, and all info fans who're drawn to reading and visualizing real-world datasets. when you are new to programming and information research, this ebook is precisely for you. if you are already accustomed to one other language or research software program, additionally, you will savour this advent to the Python facts research platform. ultimately, there are extra technical themes for complex readers. No earlier event is needed; this e-book comprises every thing you must know.
What you are going to Learn
- Install Anaconda and code in Python within the Jupyter Notebook
- Load and discover datasets interactively
- Perform complicated facts manipulations successfully with pandas
- Create attractive info visualizations with matplotlib and seaborn
- Simulate mathematical versions with NumPy
- Visualize and technique photos interactively within the Jupyter computer with scikit-image
- Accelerate your code with Numba, Cython, and IPython.parallel
Python is a ordinary and strong programming language. IPython bargains a handy interface to the language and its research libraries, whereas the Jupyter computing device is a wealthy setting well-adapted to information technology and visualization. jointly, those open resource instruments are widespread via rookies and specialists world wide, and in an immense number of fields and endeavors.
This e-book is a beginner-friendly consultant to the Python info research platform. After an creation to the Python language, IPython, and the Jupyter laptop, you are going to how one can research and visualize information on real-world examples, tips on how to create graphical person interfaces for photo processing within the computer, and the way to accomplish quickly numerical computations for clinical simulations with NumPy, Numba, Cython, and ipyparallel. through the top of this publication, it is possible for you to to accomplish in-depth analyses of every kind of data.
Style and approach
This is a hands-on beginner-friendly consultant to investigate and visualize info on real-world examples with Python and the Jupyter Notebook.
By Ayman Hourieh
Build robust internet functions, fast and cleanly, with the Django software framework * Teaches every little thing you must create an entire net 2.0-style net software with Django 1.0
* study fast improvement and fresh, pragmatic design
* No wisdom of Django required
* filled with examples and screenshots for greater understanding
Django is a high-level Python internet framework that used to be built through a fast-moving online-news operation to satisfy the stringent dual demanding situations of newsroom closing dates and the desires of internet builders. it truly is designed to advertise fast improvement and fresh, pragmatic layout and allows you to construct high-performing, dependent internet purposes speedily. Django makes a speciality of automating up to attainable and adhering to the DRY (Don't Repeat your self) precept, making it more uncomplicated to construct high-performance net functions quicker, with much less code.
This booklet will assist you to gather Django's gains and benefit from its strength to layout, strengthen, and install a fully-featured site. it's going to stroll you thru the production of an instance net program, with plenty of code examples.
Specially revised for model 1.0 of Django, the booklet begins by way of introducing the most layout suggestions in Django. subsequent, it leads you thru the method of putting in Django in your approach. After that, you'll commence at once on construction your social bookmarking software utilizing Django. numerous Django 1.0 parts and sub-frameworks may be defined in this approach, and you'll find out about them by means of example.
In every one bankruptcy, you are going to construct a number of of the beneficial properties which are crucial in net 2.0 functions, like consumer administration, tags, and AJAX. additionally, you will find out about reliable software program improvement practices, similar to preserving your software safe, and automating checking out with unit checks. by means of the top of the ebook, you've equipped a completely sensible real-life internet 2.0 program, and realized the best way to set up it to a creation server.
What you'll research from this book?
* sign up your clients via a consumer authentication approach and deal with them efficiently
* limit consumer entry to sure pages and guard opposed to malicious input
* Create tags to permit visitors to categorise, view, and proportion content material easily
* Create your personal management interface for correct tracking of the net site
* increase your consumer interface with AJAX and upload flavors on your internet site
* let balloting and commenting on content material, and exhibit renowned content material to website visitors
* construct person networks; upload good friend administration and invitation beneficial properties for social networking
* Create unit assessments to automate the trying out of code
The uncomplicated and transparent process is perfect for rookies to Django. choked with examples and screenshots, this publication might help you examine the positive factors of Django 1.0 and assist you construct a dynamic site utilizing these positive factors.
Who this publication is written for?
This publication is for internet builders who are looking to discover ways to construct a whole website with internet 2.0 beneficial properties, utilizing the ability of a confirmed and well known improvement process, Django, yet don't unavoidably are looking to find out how the full framework features so as to do that. uncomplicated wisdom of Python improvement is needed for this booklet, yet no wisdom of Django is predicted.
By Robert Johansson
Numerical Python by Robert Johansson indicates you the way to leverage the numerical and mathematical modules in Python and its normal Library in addition to well known open resource numerical Python applications like NumPy, FiPy, matplotlib and extra to numerically compute recommendations and mathematically version functions in a couple of parts like substantial info, cloud computing, monetary engineering, enterprise administration and more.
After studying and utilizing this publication, you will get a few takeaway case examine examples of functions that may be present in parts like enterprise administration, sizeable data/cloud computing, monetary engineering (i.e., concepts buying and selling funding alternatives), or even games.
Up until eventually very lately, Python was once commonly considered as only a net scripting language. good, computational scientists and engineers have lately stumbled on the flexibleness and tool of Python to do extra. monstrous info analytics and cloud computing programmers are seeing Python's huge use. monetary engineers also are now applying Python of their paintings. Python looks evolving as a language that could even rival C++, Fortran, and Pascal/Delphi for numerical and mathematical computations.
By Ronan Lamy
Learn to exploit SymPy's symbolic engine to simplify Python calculations
- Learn whatever new right away! a brief, quickly, targeted consultant offering fast results
- Set up the simplest computing setting with IPython pc, SymPy, and your whole favourite Python libraries
- Learn easy methods to streamline your computations with computing device algebra
- Compile symbolic expressions into effective numerical functions
Symbolic computation is using algorithms and software program to accomplish targeted calculations on symbolic mathematical expressions. It has routinely been the defend of monolithic laptop algebra platforms. SymPy places its energy inside effortless achieve of all Python programmers, simply an import assertion away.
Instant SymPy Starter is an creation to the interesting global of symbolic computation in Python. With hands-on examples and sensible recommendation, you'll study every thing you want to combine SymPy into your workflow and to make the simplest use of its functionalities.
This ebook will advisor you in your trip with SymPy, from constructing your improvement atmosphere to integrating SymPy into your workflow, with many beneficial information. one can find how you can organize a robust surroundings for either symbolic and numerical computations within IPython laptop, and successfully hire symbolic computation on your numerical calculations. you could stick with the examples alongside by yourself procedure as the entire code comes in downloadable IPython notebooks. when you've got by no means used IPython prior to, you'll want to examine this because the ideal celebration to start.
What you'll examine from this book
- Translating mathematical expressions into SymPy objects
- Compiling symbolic expressions into numerical functions
- Computing distinct derivatives and Taylor expansions automatically
- Getting designated effects for sophisticated integrals
- Solving platforms of equations
Get to grips with a brand new expertise, comprehend what it's and what it will probably do for you, after which get to paintings with an important positive aspects and tasks.Learning SymPy Starter is an easy-to comprehend, sensible consultant full of real-world examples. It covers every little thing from the set up steps to the various positive aspects supplied by means of SymPy.
Who this publication is written for
This ebook is for Python builders. an excellent grounding in Python is thought, in addition to slightly familiarity with its medical ecosystem.
By Wolfram Donat
Learn Raspberry Pi Programming with Python will aid you software your nifty new $35 desktop to make an internet spider, a climate station, a media server, and extra. you will the way to application in Python in your Raspberry Pi with hands-on examples and enjoyable initiatives.
Even if you are thoroughly new to programming more often than not, you are going to determine easy methods to create a house safeguard method, an underwater images method, an RC airplane with a digicam, or even a near-space climate balloon with a camera.
You'll how one can make various enjoyable or even valuable initiatives, from an online bot to go looking and obtain records to a toy to force your pets insane. you will even find out how to use Pi with Arduino in addition to Pi with Gertboard, a selection board with an onboard ATmega microcontroller.
What you’ll learn
- Raspberry Pi and electronics fundamentals
- Quick intro to Linux
- Python fundamentals to get you all started on a suite of initiatives
- How to make various Pi and Python initiatives, together with servers and instruments with cameras
- How to take advantage of Pi with Arduino and Gertboard
Who this e-book is for
Readers who are looking to study Python on a enjoyable platform just like the Pi and choose up a few electronics talents alongside the way in which. No programming or Linux ability required, yet a bit event with Linux could be precious.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing the Raspberry Pi
2. Linux through the Seat of Your Pants
3. Introducing Python
4. Electronics at 100mph
5. The WebBot
6. the elements Station
7. The Media Server
8. the house protection System
9. The Cat Toy
10. The Radio-controlled Airplane
11. the elements Balloon
12. The Submersible
13. The Gertboard
14. The Raspberry Pi and the Arduino
By Ivan Idris
Learn the right way to follow robust info research thoughts with well known open resource Python modules
About This Book
- Learn how to define, manage, and study info utilizing Python
- Perform complicated, excessive functionality linear algebra and mathematical calculations with fresh and effective Python code
- An easy-to-follow consultant with sensible examples which are often utilized in real-world facts research projects
Who This booklet Is For
This publication is for programmers, scientists, and engineers who've wisdom of the Python language and recognize the fundamentals of information technology. it's in the event you desire to study various facts research tools utilizing Python and its libraries. This publication comprises all of the easy materials you must develop into knowledgeable info analyst.
What you'll Learn
- Install open resource Python modules on numerous platforms
- Get to grasp concerning the basics of NumPy together with arrays
- Manipulate information with pandas
- Retrieve, method, shop, and visualize data
- Understand sign processing and time-series facts analysis
- Work with relational and NoSQL databases
- Discover extra approximately info modeling and computer learning
- Get to grips with interoperability and cloud computing
Python is a multi-paradigm programming language like minded for either object-oriented program improvement in addition to sensible layout styles. Python has turn into the language of selection for info scientists for information research, visualization, and laptop studying. it is going to provide you with speed and advertise excessive productivity.
This e-book will train beginners approximately information research with Python within the broadest feel attainable, overlaying every thing from information retrieval, cleansing, manipulation, visualization, and garage to advanced research and modeling. It makes a speciality of a plethora of open resource Python modules resembling NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, pandas, IPython, Cython, scikit-learn, and NLTK. In later chapters, the ebook covers issues resembling info visualization, sign processing, and time-series research, databases, predictive analytics and desktop studying. This publication will flip you into an ace facts analyst in no time.
By Gavin Hackeling
Apply potent studying algorithms to real-world difficulties utilizing scikit-learn
About This Book
- Design and troubleshoot computer studying structures for universal initiatives together with regression, type, and clustering
- Acquaint your self with renowned desktop studying algorithms, together with selection bushes, logistic regression, and aid vector machines
- A useful example-based consultant that will help you achieve services in imposing and comparing laptop studying structures utilizing scikit-learn
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a software program developer who desires to find out how computer studying versions paintings and the way to use them successfully, this publication is for you. Familiarity with laptop studying basics and Python may be invaluable, yet isn't essential.
What you'll Learn
- Review primary ideas together with supervised and unsupervised studies, universal initiatives, and function metrics
- Predict the values of continuing variables utilizing linear regression
- Create representations of files and pictures that may be utilized in laptop studying models
- Categorize records and textual content messages utilizing logistic regression and aid vector machines
- Classify photos via their subjects
- Discover hidden constructions in info utilizing clustering and visualize advanced facts utilizing decomposition
- Evaluate the functionality of computing device studying structures in universal tasks
- Diagnose and redress issues of types as a result of bias and variance
This e-book examines computer studying types together with logistic regression, determination bushes, and aid vector machines, and applies them to universal difficulties equivalent to categorizing records and classifying photographs. It starts with the basics of computer studying, introducing you to the supervised-unsupervised spectrum, the makes use of of educating and try out info, and comparing versions. you are going to easy methods to use generalized linear versions in regression difficulties, in addition to resolve issues of textual content and specific features.
You may be accustomed to using logistic regression, regularization, and a number of the loss capabilities which are utilized by generalized linear versions. The booklet also will stroll you thru an instance venture that activates you to label the main doubtful education examples. additionally, you will use an unmonitored Hidden Markov version to foretell inventory prices.
By the top of the e-book, you'll be a professional in scikit-learn and may be good versed in computing device learning
By Jason Myers
Dive into SQLAlchemy, the preferred, open-source code library that is helping Python programmers paintings with relational databases akin to Oracle, MySQL, PostgresSQL, and SQLite. utilizing real-world examples, this useful consultant exhibits you the way to construct an easy database software with SQLAlchemy, and the way to hook up with a number of databases concurrently with a similar metadata.
SQL is a robust language for querying and manipulating information, yet it’s difficult to combine it along with your software. SQLAlchemy is helping you map Python gadgets to database tables with out considerably altering your latest Python code. If you’re an intermediate Python developer with wisdom of easy SQL syntax and relational idea, this publication serves as either a studying instrument and a convenient reference.
Essential SQLAlchemy contains numerous sections:
- SQLAlchemy Core: supply database prone in your purposes in a Pythonic method with the SQL Expression Language
- SQLAlchemy ORM: Use the thing relational mapper to bind database schema and operations to facts gadgets on your application
- Alembic: Use this light-weight database migration device to deal with adjustments to the database as your program evolves
- Cookbook: the right way to use SQLAlchemy with net frameworks like Flask and libraries like SQLAcodegen