By Mark Dalrymple, Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik
Discover ways to write apps for a few of today's most well liked applied sciences, together with the iPhone and iPad (using iOS), in addition to the Mac (using OS X). It starts off with Objective-C, the bottom language on which the local iOS software program improvement package (SDK) and the OS X are dependent. examine Objective-C at the Mac: For OS X and iOS, moment version updates a top promoting publication and is an in depth, newly up to date advisor to Objective-C.
Objective-C is a strong, object-oriented extension of C, making this replace the ideal follow-up to Dave Mark’s bestselling examine C at the Mac. even if you’re an skilled C programmer or you’re coming from a unique language reminiscent of C++ or Java, top Mac specialists Scott Knaster and Waqar Malik convey find out how to harness the ability of Objective-C on your apps!
* an entire path at the fundamentals of Objective-C utilizing Apple’s most recent Xcode tools
* An advent to object-oriented programming
* complete assurance of recent themes like blocks, GCD, ARC, type extensions, in addition to inheritance, composition, item initialization, different types, protocols, reminiscence administration, and organizing resource files
* An advent to construction person interfaces utilizing what's known as the UIKit
* A primer for non-C programmers to get off the floor even quicker
By Mohamed Khalgui, Olfa Mosbahi, Antonio Valentini
Embedded computing structures play an immense and complicated function within the performance of digital units. With our day-by-day workouts changing into extra reliant on electronics for private use, the certainty of those computing structures is crucial.
Embedded Computing platforms: purposes, Optimization, and complex layout brings jointly theoretical and technical strategies of clever embedded keep an eye on structures and their use in and software program architectures. via highlighting formal modeling, execution versions, and optimum implementations, this reference resource is key for specialists, researchers, and technical supporters within the and academia.
This e-book offers the reader with a complete evaluate of the recent open resource programming language move (in its first sturdy and maintained unencumber cross 1) from Google. The language is devised with Java / C#-like syntax on the way to suppose time-honored to the majority of programmers this present day, yet cross code is way purifier and less complicated to learn, therefore expanding the productiveness of builders. you will find how pass: simplifies programming with slices, maps, structs and interfaces contains useful programming makes error-handling effortless and safe simplifies concurrent and parallel programming with goroutines and channels and you'll the best way to: utilize Go's very good general library software pass the idiomatic manner utilizing styles and top practices in over 225 operating examples and one hundred thirty five routines This ebook makes a speciality of the features that the reader must participate in the arrival software program revolution utilizing move.
By G. Avola, Jon Raasch
Developers, here's what you want to migrate your talents to mobile
If you're a loyal reader of Smashing journal, you recognize that every one improvement roads now result in cellular, so desktop-browser-based net builders have to wake up to hurry and shortly. commence migrating your skills to cellular with this amazing booklet. It first is helping you are making the swap to HTML5 and CSS3, prior to instructing you the way to use these abilities to construct web pages that paintings throughout all cellular units and cellular browsers.
Topics contain utilizing wireframes and templates, knowing frameworks similar to jQuery cellular, getting on top of things on more moderen applied sciences reminiscent of Boilerplate, and more.
* crucial consultant for internet builders who are looking to construct web pages that paintings throughout all cellular units and cellular browsers
* Explains the basic instruments you'll desire for internet cellular, together with HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery Mobile
* Brings you on top of things on more moderen instruments equivalent to Boilerplate
* retains your specialist talents brand new with today's expertise trends
By the time you end Smashing cellular net Development, you'll have outfitted your personal cellular web site that comes with geolocation, social media, and more.
By Vishal Layka, David Pollak
Learn Scala and its object-oriented and sensible programming features, after which observe the Scala constructs and libraries that let you gather small parts into high-performance, scalable platforms. Beginning Scala, moment Edition takes a down-to-earth method of educating Scala that leads you thru easy examples that may be mixed to construct advanced, scalable platforms and applications.
Scala is a multi-paradigm programming language that mixes either practical and object-oriented good points. furthermore, this hugely scalable language lends itself good to construction cloud-based/deliverable software program as a provider (SaaS) on-line purposes. you'll research why Scala is judiciously used for severe enterprise purposes through major businesses resembling Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, the father or mother, Morgan Stanley, credits Suisse, UBS, and HSBC.
What you’ll learn
• comprehend the elemental syntax and mechanisms for writing Scala programs
• examine the object-oriented positive aspects of Scala
• Use Scala's sensible programming positive aspects to outline and deal with concurrency
• construct parsers utilizing Scala’s library of parser combinators
• Create and control XML content material utilizing Scala
• reap the benefits of Scala's general annotations or even create your own
• combine and reuse an present Java codebase
• construct initiatives that include either Scala and Java code and dependencies
• Use Scala libraries and Scala internet frameworks comparable to Play 2 to construct net purposes with Scala
Who this booklet is for
This publication is for all programming lovers and for Java builders trying to decrease boilerplate code, enhance crew functionality, enhance inter-team dynamics, and construct extra scalable and powerful structures. additionally, this e-book will entice Java builders seeking to do cloud-based improvement. finally, Ruby, Python, Groovy and different programmers trying to find a better functionality and an improved language will gain.
Table of Contents
1 : Getting all started with Scala
2 : fundamentals of Scala
3 : OOP in Scala
4: useful programming in Scala
5: trend matching
6: Scala Collections
8: forms and Implicits
9: Scala and Java Interoperability
11: construction net purposes with Scala
13: Scala most sensible practices
Scratch is the wildly renowned academic programming language utilized by hundreds of thousands of first-time beginners in study rooms, libraries, and houses all over the world. via dragging jointly colourful blocks of code, youngsters speedy research machine programming recommendations and make cool video games and animations.
In Super Scratch Programming Adventure!, little ones examine programming basics as they make their own playable games. they will create initiatives encouraged through vintage arcade video games that may be programmed (and played!) in a day. The book's sufferer, step by step causes of the code and enjoyable programming demanding situations could have little ones growing their very own video games in no time.
This full-color comedian booklet makes programming thoughts like movement keep an eye on, subroutines, and knowledge forms easy to soak up. choked with rules for video games that children should be proud to teach off, Super Scratch Programming Adventure! is the correct first step for the budding programmer.
By Jeremy Alessi
It is a entire consultant to iPhone and iPod contact video game improvement. starting with the fundamentals and finishing with a accomplished video game released within the App shop this ebook covers the entire basics. The mixed energy of harmony and the iPhone improvement platform are used to complete impression permitting even entire rookies to create and post an iPhone video game.
By Ken Williamson
- Understand how AngularJS differs from different MVC frameworks
- Learn approximately AngularJS controllers, perspectives, and versions through diving into the book’s pattern project
- Connect your operating software to public relaxation services
- Build the application’s protection layer with non-REST AngularJS services
- Explore the fundamentals of establishing and trying out AngularJS directives
- Use AngularJS as a part of the suggest stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and Node.js)
- Discover how SEO pertains to AngularJS purposes and sites
By Clif Flynt
Newly up-to-date with over a hundred and fifty pages of fabric at the most up-to-date Tcl extensions, Tcl/Tk: A Developer’s Guide is a special functional educational for pro programmers and novices alike. beginning with a transparent photo of the fundamentals, Tcl/Tk covers the diversity of instruments during this "Swiss military knife" of programming languages, providing you with the power to augment your courses, expand your application''s functions, and develop into a better programmer.
This up-to-date version covers all the new positive aspects of model 8.6, including
object-oriented programming and the production of megawidgets, current facts constitution implementations, themed widgets and digital occasions. large code snippets and on-line tutorials in numerous languages offers you an organization take hold of on find out how to use the Tcl/Tk libraries and interpreters and, most significantly, on what constitutes a good approach for utilizing Tcl/Tk.
Includes the newest positive aspects of Tcl/Tk 8.6
Covers Tcl improvement instruments, well known extensions, and programs to permit builders to resolve real-world issues of Tcl/Tk immediately
Provides common motives for newbies and gives counsel, kind guidance, and debugging strategies for complex users
Companion web site comprises Tcl/Tk tutorials, functions, distributions, and extra instruments
By Peter Lubbers, Brandon Jones, Jesse Freeman, Don Olmstead
What you’ll learn
- “From The Trenches” assistance, hacks, and suggestion on HTML5 video game improvement
- Best practices for construction cellular HTML5 video games
- Actionable suggestion and code for either expert and novices
Who this e-book is for
HTML5 video game improvement Insights is for the sport developer trying to increase their improvement technique in any respect levels of the sport improvement pipeline; The nuggets of notable during this e-book are appropriate either to the hobbyist, attempting to tune down a functionality computer virus in rendering, and the pro, who's trying to accelerate loading time by means of re-packing their artist-generated photographs. With this e-book, it’s like having a look over the shoulder of the pinnacle HTML5 video game developers!